Lopi pioneer insert or Whitfield Profile 30 insert..HELP!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The small Lopi/Avalon Pioneer and Newport bay are smalls stoves.
you are better of with the Astoria bay or Yankee bay. they put out more heat and are more reliable than the smaller model.

the profile has a little more heat than the Pioneer/Newport and less than the Yankee/Astoria but has the dumb photo eye and Lennox has discontinued all Whitfield stoves
and will not product parts for stove older than 10 years old.

Thanks for the reply...I am hooked up with a dealer going out of business and will sell me the lopi or the profile for under $1000...I think they are both excellent deals..but I don't want to get into a bad product either...

I owned a Lopi Pioneer Bay for five years.
It was a good stove...but as you know it is a small stove. Which was the main reason I did get rid of it.
The build quality of the stove was excellent.
It only had one issue that was never fixed to my satisfaction. It would take forever (5 minutes)for the auger to start. The light would say the auger was turning...but you couldn't hear it so it wasn't. Then magically it would just start turning.
The repair guy (will not call the buffoon a technician)replaced my auger motor. Didn't need to be changed..and didn't fix the problem.
The door gaskets needed to be changed at least annually.
It has a really small ash pot...so you will always be cleaning this stove.
But the stove itself was easy to work on. Was even able to score a repair guide for the stove.
Wish the Harmen was as user friendly as the Lopi.
C'est la vie.
Anybody know where I could get a repair manual for my Accentra?

I don't think there are repair manuals for Harman stoves. You will need a service tech to look at it. The only manual would be the owners manual. OR post your issue here

msmith66 said:
I don't think there are repair manuals for Harman stoves. You will need a service tech to look at it. The only manual would be the owners manual. OR post your issue here

Thankfully I have no issues with the stove yet.
Was just commenting on how the Travis Industry Stoves have nice easy to follow troubleshooting guides.
The Harmen Owners Manula has barely enough information to light the stove let alone fix any problems that might occur.
In my humble opinion Harmen literature post ownership is a joke.
They spend at least 5 times as much money printing up the sales brochures than they do printing the useless owners manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.