Lopi Republic 1750 Installed! Lots of pictures!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickbitty has more experience than me in this area, but here's my comment: in the middle of the stove is the damper adjustment. You want access to that, so assume a little bit of room around that space where you wouldn't want to be cooking.

The front of the stove starts to dip down the last 1.5" or so - any cooking would not take place as it dips.

You can safely utilize a 6 and maybe 8" round surface IMHO without getting in the way of the damper adjustment and while having the surface almost entirely on the plate.

Just my .02

madrone said:
The dirty glass suggests slightly under-seasoned wood.

Definitely. I'm learning how to use the stove, so I'm using up some crappier wood since its warm out and its a learning experience. Also, in that fire picture, I had tried out two paper bags stuffed solid with sawdust. Of course, it was saw dust from noodling a fairly fresh elm tree. :)

Speaking of which, my first foray into a paper bag stuffed with sawdust was a wet experience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.