Lopi Republic 1750i 6" appliance connector?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John-Eddie

Jan 16, 2013
Dover, NH
www.hytronix.com
Hi all,

I just removed the side panels on my insert to vacuum out all the dust etc. behind the insert prior to firing it up for the year, and I noticed that the "collar" that attaches the 6" stainless flexible chimney liner to the top of the stove isn't on very securely - i.e. there are a few gaps, and the silicon caulking that was all around it is dried up and crusted off. Also, it's probably important to note that the bypass damper always seemed to get stuck, and the (I *think* it's called the "appliance connector" we're talking about here) had a notch cut in it for the bypass rod.

So, I *think* what I need to do is locate the appropriate appliance connector and replace it and re-seal it.

What the heck am I looking for, and where would I get it? Are there any "pre-notched" or will I have to modify something?

Thanks for any input,

-John-Eddie

You will need to notch your own.
Since yours doesn't sit right, I assume you likely need an elbow rather than an appliance adaptor. No sealant should be needed, if you choose to, use furnace cement not silicone.

Did the installers use the 3 angle brackets to secure the fitting to the stove?

Reactions: Heatsource
Thanks Webby,

Yes, the angle brackets are there. It doesn't sit exactly right, but it's definitely not "off" enough for an elbow, unless it was a flexible one. I also see now there's an "adjustable offset" type adapter, but it warns draft performance may suffer, so I don't know if it's worth it or not. Maybe I can get away with scooting the stove back another 1/2" into the fireplace, if the surround would still fit afterwards.

-John-Eddie

We often use a 15 degree elbow. Maybe the notch needs cut deeper, the fitting straightened up and re fastened. That's what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.