Lopi Republic 1750i and Lopi Revere

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While these two wood inserts are very similar in shape, size, etc. I have read really the only difference is the door and a "decorative" flange by where the insert meets the opening of your fireplace opening. I'm referring to this post: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/44739/ However, has anyone tried putting a nickel Revere door on a Republic 1750i?

This does not exactly answer your question but recently I was trying to make a decision between the two mentioned inserts. I noticed that the Republic has a slightly different warranty. I wrote Travis industries to confirm that I was not buying an inferior product. In the end, I purchased the Republic. Here is Travis Industries response:

"Thank you for your inquiry into the difference between the 1750i and Revere.

The main difference is going to be the door. The 1750i had a different cast door that only comes in black where as the Revere you have the option of brass, black, and pewter. Another is the convection chamber covers that are included in the Revere but not an option on the 1750i.
The construction of the inserts are the same. They have the same thickness of steel in them.
The warranty is different so to keep the cost a little lower on the 1750i.
The quality of workmanship and materials is the same in both products. We take pride in the way all our products look and function and know that you will be very happy with the 1750i."

Like I said, this does not really answer your specific question but I thought you might find this statement useful

Not sure what the warranty difference is between the two stoves you mentioned, but they operate the same with same capacity,and both are well-built, solid stoves. My father-in-law has the lower cost of the 1750s, and it works great (any problems he has with it are a result of his burning wet wood and burning at too low a temperature).

It might fit, but I am not sure a dealer would price it for you like that. The signature door is really nice looking and well made, but the stove might then end up costing the same as buying the Revere anyway!
They have a whole mess of videos up on their site, most featuring the Endeavor which is the same basic stove as the 1750/Revere.
http://www.lopistoves.com/videos/
I can't remember which video it is but in one of them he opens the door and sits on it to show how well-made it is! I wouldn't do that, but maybe I'm just chicken.

As for the convection chamber covers, I don't think those are any biggie, because on the 1750 it's just a 1" void, it's not like there is anything unsightly there or anything.

I called my local dealer yesterday and he had said that the difference in cost between the Revere and the 1750i cost wise was about $500 plus then add the nickel door...for a grand total of about $700 more. Is the Revere worth this cost difference? My thought it was not based on what I have read on internet. Any thoughts?

To me, it was not worth the extra cost, because it would have put it entirely out of my price range. That said, I think the Revere is a really nice stove and the upgrades and appearance might make it worth the difference to one who can afford them!

my dealer told me that it was not worth the cost. I went ahead and sent an email to Travis Industries to see what their commets were. As you can see by their response in my previous post, other than the fancy door options, there did not seem to be much of a reason to spend the extra $$$.

Revere has a bypass damper, and a better door. The republic doors are kinda cheesy. Otherwise, the shell of the stoves is exactly the same.

Summit, the 1750i also has the bypass damper, though apparently the freestanding 1750 does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.