Lopi revere vs Harman exception f200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisrusz

Sep 13, 2012
So I have a dilemma and coming to you all for advice. I have a chance to buy one if the two above wood stove inserts. Both are 8 years old. Both are listed for about 700 to 800. They both have similar features.

What is everyones opinion on these two stoves? Is one stove/brand better than the other? Any if you can provide to educated on you experience and knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Is this pricing I am getting a good deal?

Thanks

Chris

Nobody answered this question? Did you make a decision? I don't know anything about Harman stoves, but the Lopi Revere is an excellent all around stove/insert in my opinion (my own stove is the "cheaper" version of the same thing, basically, has a lesser door). Made in the US so parts and info are always available, and Lopi has a great website with videos and info and even recipes! Speaking of that - the Revere sticks out of the fireplace and into the room a bit. In my opinion this was a big plus because it gives off more heat without the blower (such as in a power outage) and it's got a big enough area to cook on. I think it adds some advantages like you might get with a freestanding stove, combined with the "space saving" of an insert so that is what I was after. The Harman probably does not extend into the room that much. Lots of folks looking for inserts want them the more flush the better, so if that's the case for you, that could be the decision maker, whether you want more of a flush stove or one that extends into the room.

I think 700-800 sounds pretty good IF the stoves are in really good shape and don't have warpage, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.