Lopi Spirit Gas - loud rushing noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NY-cabin

Nov 7, 2007
upstate NY
I've got a Lopi Spirit on propane. I have only one big complaint and I'm hoping some of the wise ones here can help me solve it.

On occaision, like maybe 1 out of every 3 times it kicks on, the flow of gas makes this loud rushing sound that sometimes disappears on its own after 10 seconds and sometimes doesn't stop until I go shut it off and turn it back on again. I've asked the service techs when they do yearly cleaning about it and they say it is the air shutter and they'll adjust it. That never solves it. While it is making that noise I can adjust the air shutter through its full range and it has no effect other than to change the color and size of flame.

My guess is it has something to do with the electric valve that turns the gas on or off. It is like it gets stuck or something is partly in the way that causes the sound.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sounds like a Ventury burn.
this is were fire will burn in the Air mixing chamber were the orifice goes into the burn pan or tube

This will happen from Spider web, Other boogers in there or burn pan not set in correctly
If you have the Emberfire burn pan it could be leaking but rare

not a good thing

Remove the burn pan Check out the mixing chamber
PUT ALL LOGS BACK LIKE THEY BELONG

Status
Not open for further replies.