Lopi Stove Identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

korenne teeples

Oct 26, 2013
oregon
I found this stove for sale on craigslist and was wondering if anyone can help me with identifying it. Would lie to know what I could be getting myself into. Thanks

Attachments

• 00d0d_Em2Jqw1PNe_600x450.jpg
    00d0d_Em2Jqw1PNe_600x450.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 297
Welcome. You may not want to hear this but the sale of pre-EPA stoves in OR is illegal. Yes, I know that there are lots on craigslist, but that is state law. I'm guessing that this may be a Lopi M530, not sure. If so it is a large beast requiring an 8" flue.

You may be able to get a modern, legal stove for not a lot more money. For sure a new unit will use less fuel. Tell us about the area you are trying to heat, the chimney this would connect to, your current wood supply, etc.

Last edited:
"the sale of pre-EPA stoves in OR is illegal."

Sorry to sidetrack, but that is really scary...a state wide band on something that only causes issues in a few cities.

Actually that is incorrect. We have temperature inversions out here. Some of the worst pollution I have seen locally is in the sleepy logging town of Darrignton where everyone thinks it's fine to smolder wood split yesterday. It's so bad that there is a local buy back program where the county will buy back your stove or provide you money toward a clean burner or pellet stove. They even provide funds to build a wood shed to encourage burning drier wood and will train folks on how to burn cleanly.

That said when I drove up through that town last winter it was still terrible. It doesn't take more than 50 idiots burning like this to choke up an entire valley with wood smoke.

Smoky.jpg Smoky2.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, then it sounds like unseasoned/wet wood should have been the subject of the ban, not the older stoves. I guess we are fortunate here, sparse population & no temp inversions that I have noticed. Then again we have no code enforcement and very low taxes which I why I love it here>>

Status
Not open for further replies.