Lopi videos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagey

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2008
Middle TN
Just in case anyone is interested, Lopi now has a video section up at http://www.lopistoves.com/videos/

There are several videos, including one towards the bottom that is a technical overview. One shows a great cutaway of an Endeavor and how everything inside works. Neat stuff.

Oh, be sure to watch the factory tour video as well. You can see an Endeavor come together pretty much from start to finish. Shameless bump, but these videos might give some great insight for new users as to how today's non-cat stoves are put together and function.

I noticed they didn't demonstrate the downdraft Leyden stove. Darn.....

Good point! I'd forgotten about the Leyden's technology. Maybe in the future we'll get some insight on the Leyden.

Aha, did you get this from my post yesterday? I watched almost all of them, and found them pretty good, but wished they showed a couple more stoves and the different options etc. I liked the factory tour one best of all. And I like the one where he sits on the open door to show how strong the hinges are (though I don't think I would try it!)

Did you also see the page (not a video) that they have up now about cooking on the woodstove, with recipes and book recommendations? Thought that was kinda cute.

If they had a CONTACT page we could give them some feedback. Too bad they don't! "talk to your dealer..." (yada yada, talked to my dealer an hour and a half ago and have been waiting for them to call me back with some kind of answer since then....)

tickbitty said:
Aha, did you get this from my post yesterday? I watched almost all of them, and found them pretty good, but wished they showed a couple more stoves and the different options etc. I liked the factory tour one best of all. And I like the one where he sits on the open door to show how strong the hinges are (though I don't think I would try it!)

Did you also see the page (not a video) that they have up now about cooking on the woodstove, with recipes and book recommendations? Thought that was kinda cute.

If they had a CONTACT page we could give them some feedback. Too bad they don't! "talk to your dealer..." (yada yada, talked to my dealer an hour and a half ago and have been waiting for them to call me back with some kind of answer since then....)

Didn't see it in your post, but I'm bad for skimming posts. From the Travis Industries "safety recall" portion of their site, customer service number is: Travis Customer Service at (800) 654-1177.

Plugging their address from their site into Google yields this number: 425-609-2500.

Pagey said:
tickbitty said:

Didn't see it in your post, but I'm bad for skimming posts. From the Travis Industries "safety recall" portion of their site, customer service number is: Travis Customer Service at (800) 654-1177.

Plugging their address from their site into Google yields this number: 425-609-2500.

Cool, thanks. Will give the dealer a couple more hours to see if they figure anything out. I had posted about the videos last night on my "newby install" thread - I went back on the Lopi page to try to find a number to call and realized that they don't post one and don't want them to call you, because they want you to call the dealers! But then I saw the videos which were so cool I mentioned them on there. Is that guy the head of the company or what? I didn't catch it if they said so.

Thanks again for finding the number, will call it if I don't get the information elsewhere.

That guy is a sales rep. He did, I think, have the same last name as the company president. A brother?

Pretty cool. His stove is 4 years older than mine, and still looks new. I can see why now. I always wondered about the bypass plate, but after seeing that, I'm no longer worried that it might wear out.

madrone said:
Pretty cool. His stove is 4 years older than mine, and still looks new. I can see why now. I always wondered about the bypass plate, but after seeing that, I'm no longer worried that it might wear out.

You can see in the factory tour video that it is indeed pretty thick stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.