Lopi woodstove set into fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman87

Sep 21, 2014
New Hampshire
Hey everyone - I have a couple questions. A couple years ago we purchased a Lopi wood stove. We love the thing! Great heat!! We placed it in existing fireplace and went with a 6" insulated stainless steel liner all the way up.

Questions

How do I close off where the pipe goes through the fireplace right above the stove to stop the heat from exiting out house.

It also looks like the tubes in the stove may need to be replaced. Is they a set screw that holds them in place and how much am I looking at to replace these everything?

Last one - Id like a I refinish it, it's a great stove and I want to see it last. What steps do I take it I refinish it and what brand stove paint etc etc? I realize I have to remove it and do this outside.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.