Lopi X-96 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayne

Aug 11, 2013
utah
Hey guys, Im a complete newbie and just purchased my first wood burning stove. I'm having some trouble finding info on it and was hoping I could find some on this forum. I recently purchased a cabin way up the canyon. Since no gas lines are available up here our primary heat source is a propane fireplace that has been set into the original masonry opening. I have been looking for a good wood stove hoping to bring some authenticity to the place as well as save some money over the winter. After having a revere sold out from underneath me I was lucky enough to find this X-96 for what im hoping was a very reasonable price ($140). It was made in 1990 and is EPA certified. I am wondering what efficiency I can expect to get out of this stove compared to newer models? also I am planning to restore the stove as much as possible (paint ect.) but some of the internal parts appear to be badly rusted, perhaps to much so to be salvageable. I am hoping I can locate replacement parts if it comes down to that. If I am not able to find replacement parts I feel fairly confident I my abilities to build some of the peices, (I have lots of experience in metalworking). I have uploaded a few photos and would appreciate any advise on how I could best restore this stove and where I could possibly find replacement parts. Again i'm a total newbie and have never even used a wood burning stove, let alone owned one, so any advice is helpful.

blah 283.JPGblah 285.JPGblah 291.JPGstove.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.