Lopi x96

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coldkiwi

Burning Hunk
May 2, 2012
Socal
Hi all newbie here ,I am thinking about buying a lopi x96 made in 1991.I believe it is a precurser to the revere .Anyone here have any info on this insert....it's going to be a cheap buy
This insert is to replace an england stove 13-nc-clp I have siting on the hearth.I had to fabricate a special low profile flue for the top of the stove so it could enter the fireplace opening.It heats well enough,but you know what it is like ...always have to fiddle!

Wow they say life is a journey!.Story so far I found the x96 on craigslist for $200 rang the guy told him I would take it and would be up in a month to pick it up,he was cool with that.So plan a weekend trip to the coast to house sit a friends house for memorial weekend with a day trip to pick up the stove.I ring the seller,a couple of days before to let him know I am coming up..to pick the stove up and he tells me he has taken it to the scrap yard,Big disapointment for me.We planed to spend some time in Paso Robles to wine taste and visit with some friends, so I had a quick check on craigslist for another insert and low and behold there is an osburn 1600 insert for sale in Paso, $150 very little use so i snap it up .I was a very happy camper ! We get home and unload my new to me insert,clean it up,remove the paint on the brass door,paint the rest of it so it looks new,end of story right?..................A couple of days later I was purusing craigslist again and found a 2004 lopi revere for.......$125 so I get on the phone and tell the seller I will take it (looked great in the photo and had the blower).I had to drive 3 1/2 hours to pick it up .So 80 bucks in gas yesterday and I have what I originaly wanted NO more looking for inserts for me.Now I have a osburn 1600 and a n13 england for sale,Phew!

Holy cow. Wore me out reading that. Sounds like you did pretty good. You should get a pretty good chunk 'o change back from the other two, and will still have a good stove in the end.

Yes Jeff, I should be able to sell the two stoves I do not need and get some money back.I will probably try to install a flexible ss liner.The open fire is an 60's era heaterlator and does not give me too much room in the throat also I may need to eliminate one or two of the heating tubes.

Well finally got the revere installed, complete with 6 inch ss liner.Draws like a tornado! although it was 73 degrees the other night when I lit the test fire.Managed to sell the osburn 1600 for $350.00...so got the money back for both! Here is a photo of the finished fireplace.Roasted alligator anyone?
friday004.jpg

Reactions: gregbesia
That looks fantastic. Cant wait for some toasty fire pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.