Lopi Yankee Bay Insert Door Adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_v

Jan 21, 2008
CT - Hartford Area
Last week my stove started burning badly, and it seemed like the fire wasn't getting enough air. I checked the door seal using a dollar bill as shown in the manual, and found a spot that had a leak. I adjusted the door as said in the manual and couldn't get it perfect. It always ended up with the upper left side leaking some. When I could eventually get that spot right, a leak would then open up somewhere else. I ended up shimming behind the rope seal for now to get a good seal, but I would like to just get it adjusted correctly. Does anyone have some tips on the best way to do this? I've spent a few hours on it already, and it definitely seems like a time consuming process. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.