Lopi Yankee Bay on the way! - although slowly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swimman

Sep 19, 2008
Rhode Island
Well, just broke down after all the research and decided on a Lopi Yankee Bay as I could get it installed in early January. I'm sure I could have done more research but at some point you have to pull the trigger. Not sure if I would have selected another brand but I will hopefully be pleased with this choice. I also picked up two tons of pellets from the local HD and have them patiently waiting in the basement. Can't wait to see what type of heat this unit will put out and determine if I need auxiliary fans on the first floor to spread it around.

What have others found as far as heating your homes. Mine is approximately 3700 sq ft. The stove will be located on the first floor in the rear of the house (contemporary colonial). I'm not expecting too much of the heat to get upstairs without floor registers installed (as the stairs are in the front of the house) but what can I expect on the first floor which is approximately 1600 sqft?

Hi swimman,

I have a Lopi Yankee free standing stove. Going into my second season with it, overall I am very happy with it, well spent $3,500!

I have a smaller house only about 1,100 sq ft it keeps my first floor(where the stove is) at about 70-72 degrees on the mid/low setting and upstairs roughly 64 degrees(which I find comfortable for sleeping).

Derrick

Derrick,
Thanks for the information. I'm sure the stove will put oiut sufficient heat and wish there were more reviews of the Lopi units. My local dealer cannot keep them in stock and says availability in the NE is very limited. Regardless, I am looking forward to January.

Marc

Yeah I wouldn't worry about the Lopi at all. This forum for whatever reason has very few Lopi owners.

Derrick

Status
Not open for further replies.