Lopi Yankee Ignitor Trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gpcollen1

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2007
Western CT
So I read up on trouble shooting my friends Lopi Yankee Bay. I got the service manual that has been linked here and think the trouble shooting pretty easy and the solution easy enough but have a question...

We started the stove on manual and it feeds pellets but does not ignite. The manual says that it means the ignitor is NG. I have yet to pull and test for voltage at the ignitor but am wondering why the combustion fan would not have come on? Should the combustion fan come on even if the ignitor does not? The panel lights up and fuses are good.

G

OK, maybe I wasn't exactly direct. Does the combustion fan come on when you put the unit in manual mode...as in when the auger starts...

...or does the combustion fan come on if the ignitor actually works...or not until it senses heat from the burn pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.