Lopi Yankee issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elkhunter

Nov 7, 2016
iowa
Yep i'm a newbee to this site but have been burning pellets since 2005. I have a 2005 Lopi Yankee pellet stove that has ran perfect since the day we purchased it. That is until the other day when I had blew the mother board fuse. Didn't think much about it and just replaced it. Fired stove up and she wouldn't feed pellets unless I had the feed rate up above medium high. When she started burning i turned speed down and it stopped feeding. I noticed it got hotter than normal as it burned so I shut it down and after it cooled down the exhaust blower motor continued to run very slowly. I unplugged it and let it sit awhile and when I plugged it in the motor would come on and run. This could be the reason why the fuse blew after we had shut it down for the day. What do you guys think is the issue? The nearest dealer is 100 miles away!! Thanx.

Does the exhaust blower start up and run as it should initially? Have you been servicing the blower yearly? Not sure if that blower requires oiling... owner manual leaves a lot to be desired and the travis industries service manual no longer seems to be available. Blowing the fuse on the board would indicate a power problem so that has to be tracked down.

Reactions: Roger6461
Status
Not open for further replies.