Lopi Yankee Performance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobstah

Nov 4, 2008
Central Ma
Just cleaned out my stove. Last time it was cleaned/scraped was on Saturday.
Stove has been running pretty much 24/7 on LOW (1 or 2 lights for you Loopi Lopi owners ;)
I've burned approx 20-25bags, so pretty close to 1/2 ton of Eagle pellets.

I have yet to remove a clinker from this stove. I understand what they are, just never had one yet.
Today my burnpot had a 2X2 clump of soft ash in it, but I think the air was too restricted while I was away the past 2 days.

To date, I have only been opening the drawer to open the two holes that go down into the ash bin. Today, after brushing all of the ash into the bin, I pulled the ash collection bin out to empty it.
It was approx. 1/2 full.

I haven't had the stove turned up past 2green/2yellow, so have never run the stove on high, and have only had it to the 2/2 stage once for about 10 minutes.

Still don't have my thermometer working, and it's taken some time to get the kinks worked out (thanks macman), especially with NO help from the dealer I purchased this appliance from, but as of right now, this is much easier than dealing with my previous two Vermont Castings wood stoves, and they were great stoves.

Can't make my own pellets, so I'm not saving any money rigtht now, but the stove is doing a great job at this point.

Jim

I can pretty much echo what Lobstah said about his stove, as it is the twin to my Astoria. Never had a clinker, regardless of pellet brand or setting on stove, although I've never had mine above the 1st yellow light (71-72 degrees in my Great Room is PLENTY!).

The weekly cleaning is easy to do. Never had an auger jam. Unit is pretty quiet, even though I leave the room air blower on high all the time.

Love the HUGE 115 lb hopper. What little fines that I have after the vacuum cleaning don't seem to bother the auger at all. Works well with the LuxPro programmable stat I got for it.

All in all, a very enjoyable first pellet stove. After having a wood stove, with all the splinters, going out in the cold, splitting, bugs, and ash cleaning every day, the pellet stove is MUCH easier to maintain on a day to day basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.