"Losing heat up the flue"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm just saying there is no one-rule-fits-all as oldspark appears to imply"
I did not imply that at all, where are you getting that from, I have said in numerous posts that YRMV on many different topics, its posts like yours that have implications in them.

oldspark said:
"I'm just saying there is no one-rule-fits-all as oldspark appears to imply"
I did not imply that at all, where are you getting that from, I have said in numerous posts that YRMV on many different topics, its posts like yours that have implications in them.
I have read where you said it works for you..I don't know where he got it from either!

Geez, is it really impossible to have a discussion about this issue without the participants pointing accusing fingers at each other?

Just askin'.

jharkin said:
Digging this one up to the top again, just because I had a thought. Maybe its already been done but one thing that might be useful to us all is to add a page to the FAQs on this great sight that has a stove terminology cross reference by manufacturer. Reading threads like this it seems a lot of confusion arises because different manufacturers use different terms for the same function, and/or the same term for different functions...
Clear as mud, eh?
This thread is rife with inferences and conjecture, proof positive that nomenclature and/or the English language is subject to interpretation. Good luck getting everyone to agree on a glossary of terms to put together as a FAQ or sticky. Hearding cats may be easier.

Try as I may to choose my words carefully, I still find I have to clarify points I made. I also frequently infer otherwise from what others say. We are human after all and the English language has many ambiguities.

Closing thread. Seems like all that needed to be said has been said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.