Losing Patience with Chimney Installer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdids

If I sound a little angry its because I am. So venting here sometimes helps me.
I have hired a Chimney Company to Install a Z Flex Liner in my existing Chimney for my Pellet Stove. To date They have cancelled Four Times due to weather. Today being the most recent, and the Day is Sunny Dry and around 40. They are re scheduling again for this coming Tuesday. I have paid half up front. ($700). I know the liner did not cost him that much. My feeling at the moment is to give him one more chance and then Request he gives me the Liner and I will make other arrangements.
Anybody feel like " venting "with me.

I'd go for a full refund, then get the liner elsewhere. Even if you are going to do it yourself, better to buy it directly than get it from someone unreliable I would think. I don't know what a liner costs, but $700 may be too much especially as you may have trouble with warranty etc if there ever is a problem...

PM me and let me know if you want the name and number of an excellent sweep. I don't know if he covers your area though - if you are as far North and East as "very" implies then you may be too far from us.

Camdids,

if they bail on you again, and your too far for the guy that Slow1 mentioned, try this website that Zoobler has. Input your zip code in the first line, and it will give you a list of installers in your area w/ the distance they are from you.

www.stovesdirect.com/installers.php

I think I got it from Mike Holten at Englander..

Status
Not open for further replies.