Lost my Beloved Oggie.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I promise I will. As soon as I get my little Buddy settled in.

Tapping my toes for 2 days, so what's another day or 2 *insert anguish over seeing the pics here *

:cool:

Reactions: tfdchief
Sorry to hear your Oggie has passed on. Many of us have struggled through the loss of a beloved pet. Glad you have opened your heart to a pup that needs love and a home ... lucky Buddy:) We've only officially adopted one dog but have given a home to six dogs and four cats that have been in need. Our current dog, a 2 yo german shepherd, may be going to school with the hubby (also a fire chief) to see if she has what it takes to be a search and rescue.

Eagerly awaiting a picture. . . .

Got Buddy home last night and he loves the place and we love him. Of course only being 5 months old, there will be some "puppy" stuff I am sure but he is going to be worth it! What a personality he is already. Just absolutely love him. My heart is healing! He had a really rough 3 hour ride home though. He puked 3 times and was very lethargic all the way home. We were very worried about him. I think he was just car sick, because when we got home he ran in the house, sniffed everything, tail wagging and stopping to lick us every pass through the house. Then to the back yard, mastered the dog door in about 10 minutes, and ran all over. He loves the back yard. Here is a few pics in the house and yard, checking out the stacks. This morning he was really impressed with all the squirrels to chase.
photo 1.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 2.JPG

Congratulations, Steve! And merry Christmas. That dog is just impossibly cute. Please post more pix from time to time. He's fun just to look at.

I say every time this comes up- that dogs don't live longer is life's biggest injustice. I didn't read the whole thread, but it looks like that new pup might be part mini-schnauzer like our little guy. Dog is like a super ball. I hope he's as big a love as ours is.

That dog is blowing the top off of my "cute" meter. Glad to see that you have found a new little Buddy. Dogs are awesome people.

Yes!!! Glad everything worked out. Sounds like he is a real winner. Congrats and give him a treat and a kiss from me. And I second the request to post more pics, he is such a cutie.

Wicked cute Steve . . . thanks for sharing the pics.

And Buddy is already ahead of the game . . . heck, if I was visiting you I would have puked at least four times in the car and you would still be trying to get me toilet trained in the house . . . on the otherhand I promise I would not be stopping to lick you every 5 minutes. ;)

Wicked cute Steve . . . thanks for sharing the pics.

And Buddy is already ahead of the game . . . heck, if I was visiting you I would have puked at least four times in the car and you would still be trying to get me toilet trained in the house . . . on the otherhand I promise I would not be stopping to lick you every 5 minutes. ;)
Jake, you can come visit me anytime, regardless of the catches. ;)

Reactions: firefighterjake
You ask for them. More pics.

Buddy has the gaurding the stacks thing down pat already! I love this dog.
photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

Checking out the view from the front door and asleep in my den.
photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Nice to see the little fella is giving you some comfort.

What a happy ending! Wonderful that you and Buddy can save each other.

He is just too darn cute! What a great little face.

Reactions: gyrfalcon
I am sure there will never be another Oggie, but gosh darnn it Steve, Buddy is incredibly cute . . . and photogenic.

I gotta say also....that is one cute doggie. There will never be another Oggie, that piece of your heart holds memories just for him. My avatar is my boy Frisco we lost 2 1/2 years ago at the young age of 17 years....will always miss him, but the memories keep him alive in my heart

I am sure there will never be another Oggie

There will never be another Oggie
No, there will never be another Oggie, that's for sure, and I still miss her more than I can describe. But this little guy is healing the hole in my heart pretty fast. Our house is a Home again. Thanks everyone. As always, the support is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.