Lost Thread?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparke

Minister of Fire
Jul 6, 2006
Maine
Does anyone remember the thread (probably before the Boiler Room forum) with a guy that built a concrete tank in his basement? If I remember correctly we were all saying the guy had too much money because his tank was professionally built. The Hx had a mile of copper in it. I have searched for it but can not find it...

I built a concrete tank in my basement and used baseboard heat as a heat exchanger. But I don't think I'm the guy you are looking for cause I don't have much money.

Reggie

No Reggie it wasn't you. The thread I am speaking of had pictures of the tank being built, the Hx, and I think the boiler. But do you have pics? I am considering building one. I want to increase my capacity to 1K gallons or more. I know basic concrete construction but I always look for tips before I dive in... It will be a while before I can start so I am doing my homework right now.

I am building a round 1000 gal.tank using sheetmetal much like a swimming pool.Seems simple and fairly inexpensive.Just a thought

NH can you post pics in a separate thread?

I haven't started my project yet,when I start,which should be soon I will start a new thead with pix

Thanks for the posts. Yes Burn-1 that is the post I was referring to. I searched for an hour or more. I am sure some of the new folks will find it interesting since that thread does not come up when you search storage tanks or concrete tanks. Unless I missed it. Quite a project.
Thanks again

Damn, I did look at that thread but didnt delve deep enough... I thought I was looking for an independent post.

BTW, look at the device he uses to make uniform coils. Looks pretty simple.

Burn-1 What a neat setup!! Who is this fellow? Except that he made a concrete tank he's doing everything that I plan on doing!! I've got six solar panels that I want to hook up, a TARM on order and I've been designing a tubing coiler in my head (usually during long meetings). If he could impart some of his wisdom it would save me a lot of redesigning the wheel.

Is he a member here? I live in central CT and would even drive up to see him if he would allow.

Greg H

Status
Not open for further replies.