1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

lots of questions from a newbie

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by ebbtide357, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ebbtide357

ebbtide357 New Member

Loc:
    long island new york
    ok all hooked up with harman accetra good deal I think used lightly for 800 used the icc pipe and jet head straight out but im thinking of putting an elbow and turning it up 3 feet and putting a rain cap any thoughts? also I think I want to add an outside air intake the guy in the stove store said it was not needed just looking for ideas seems to run great but.... also I picked up lignetic pellets anyone use them?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. peirhead

peirhead Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    PEI Canada
    I'd so with adding the rise and raincap..it will give you a bit of draw in case of a power outage
  3. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    The straight vent should be fine providing clearances are met. A vertical section would add some additional draft but generally isn't necessary. You may notice a little smoke coming into your house whenever you open the door, particularly when the stove is running on low, but it shouldn't be an issue. A windy day could exacerbate the problem.

Congrats on the new stove. Remember to post pics.
  4. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    Also, an OAK is a VERY good idea. Do a search.