lots of questions from a newbie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebbtide357

Oct 15, 2012
long island new york
ok all hooked up with harman accetra good deal I think used lightly for 800 used the icc pipe and jet head straight out but im thinking of putting an elbow and turning it up 3 feet and putting a rain cap any thoughts? also I think I want to add an outside air intake the guy in the stove store said it was not needed just looking for ideas seems to run great but.... also I picked up lignetic pellets anyone use them?

I'd so with adding the rise and raincap..it will give you a bit of draw in case of a power outage

The straight vent should be fine providing clearances are met. A vertical section would add some additional draft but generally isn't necessary. You may notice a little smoke coming into your house whenever you open the door, particularly when the stove is running on low, but it shouldn't be an issue. A windy day could exacerbate the problem.

Congrats on the new stove. Remember to post pics.

Also, an OAK is a VERY good idea. Do a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.