loud bang when zc stove warms up from cold.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reppinger

Feb 19, 2013
Langhorne, Pa
Hello all,

I have noticed over the last month that when I first start my Flame Monaco it does one loud bang when it starts to warm up. This is not ticking or the normal singing that the stove has always done. It seems to be burning as usual and I do not see any visible breaks in the welds. Keep in mind this is a zc fireplace so my sight is limited.

Does anyone have any idea if this is normal?

Thanks

Rob

Could be a steel wall of the firebox heating up, then flexing. I've heard it on the Buck, but only once (I wasn't usually there for the entire burn.)

Could be a steel wall of the firebox heating up, then flexing. I've heard it on the Buck, but only once (I wasn't usually there for the entire burn.)
yeah thats what I am thinking. It only does it once a burn. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.