Loud Whining Noise on Englander 25-PDVC Room Air Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I clean the entire unit and since mine can be oiled it gets oiled. It has been running fine for several years. My stove is exiting start-up as I finished cleaning it a few minutes ago.

I clean the entire unit and since mine can be oiled it gets oiled. It has been running fine for several years. My stove is exiting start-up as I finished cleaning it a few minutes ago.
So if we can rule out cleaning and oiling, what else could it be and how can I remedy it?

Mounting off in either direction or the blots not tightened on all corners or bad bearings.

Adjusting the mounting and tightening the bolts, bearing replacement, motor replacement, entire bower assembly replacement.

You should be able to handle it in one form or another.

SSIA. First season with a pellet stove, and my unit has been in operation since the first week of October 2014. I am still figuring the thing out, but I have generally had no major problems. Until tonight. When I operate the room air blower on 8 or below, I have no issue. But when I crank it to 9, it makes an incessant high-pitched whining noise. I've had it on 9 for nights at a time with no problem, but now this noise can be heard from rooms away and is driving me (and the dog!) insane. Is it just a matter of cleaning or greasing something, or is this rooted deeper?
I have had a high pitch whining noise from BOTH squirrel cage blowers from the very first day. it reminds me of being in a navy destroyer engine room. I called ENGLANDER and they sent me replacement motors.....ALL FOUR W/ NEW GASKETS.....Same results...Englander said that's they way it is. I am being told someone else makes exact replacement motors that are super quirt, but WHO ?????

Had the same prob , they did the same , send another motor thing , What i did was retighten all nuts and screws then i losened nuts on bird cage enough to get some silicon under cage where it mounts to blower body , tighten nuts down and siliconed them also , The silicone acts as an anti vibration median reducing the harmonics that are created the motor / fan blades . Also when u remount blower to stove use some high temp sealer on yur bolts .

Had the same prob , they did the same , send another motor thing , What i did was retighten all nuts and screws then i losened nuts on bird cage enough to get some silicon under cage where it mounts to blower body , tighten nuts down and siliconed them also , The silicone acts as an anti vibration median reducing the harmonics that are created the motor / fan blades . Also when u remount blower to stove use some high temp sealer on yur bolts .
I BOUGHT SHEETS OF HIGH TEMPERATURE RED SILICONE GASKETS AND TUBES OF RED HIGH TEMP SEALANT. I BOUGHT 4 NEW MOTOR WITH NEW SQUIRREL CAGE FANS, MADE PERFECT GASKETS, SILCONED THEM INTO PLACE, FINAL ANALYSIS~ MADE NO IMPROVEMENTS AT ALL.

WELL, I REPLACED ALL 4 MOTORS TWICE,AND FINALLY WHEN I CALLED TECH / SERVICE, I SAID '''HERE, LISTEN FOR YOURSELF-THEN I PUT THE PHONE UP TO THE INPUT AIR INTAKE''' I GOT 4 NEW MOTORS AND GASKETS DELIVERED PRIORITY MAIL.........INSTALLED ALL 4 ...I AM GETTING REAL GOOD AT THIS BY NOW...AND HOW IS THE NOISE LEVEL NOW ??..........THE SAME , NO IMPROVEMENT...THESE ENGLANDLER BRAND STOVES ARE OBVIOUSLY MADE TO BE USED IN A GARAGE SETTING, NOT A HOME.

WELL, I REPLACED ALL 4 MOTORS TWICE,AND FINALLY WHEN I CALLED TECH / SERVICE, I SAID '''HERE, LISTEN FOR YOURSELF-THEN I PUT THE PHONE UP TO THE INPUT AIR INTAKE''' I GOT 4 NEW MOTORS AND GASKETS DELIVERED PRIORITY MAIL.........INSTALLED ALL 4 ...I AM GETTING REAL GOOD AT THIS BY NOW...AND HOW IS THE NOISE LEVEL NOW ??..........THE SAME , NO IMPROVEMENT...THESE ENGLANDLER BRAND STOVES ARE OBVIOUSLY MADE TO BE USED IN A GARAGE SETTING, NOT A HOME.

UPDATE DECEMBER 13, 2016, WELL, ITS BEEN 13 MONTHS, SERVICE CLEAN THIS STOVE BETTER THAN MY TRUCK, WE HAVE COME TO REALIZE THAT WE ARE RECIEVING WHAT WE PAID FOR,A CHEAP, LOW QUALITY, LOW PRICE NOISY STOVE FROM LOWES.

UPDATE DECEMBER 13, 2016, WELL, ITS BEEN 13 MONTHS, SERVICE CLEAN THIS STOVE BETTER THAN MY TRUCK, WE HAVE COME TO REALIZE THAT WE ARE RECIEVING WHAT WE PAID FOR,A CHEAP, LOW QUALITY, LOW PRICE NOISY STOVE FROM LOWES.

So you ordered the blower from Lowe's not Englander? Englander discontinued using the noisy FASCO blower and replaced them with a quieter P-TECH. I know because mine went from the "working whine" to a nice smooth working quiet blower after replacing. I'm thinking that Lowe's probably still had the FASCO in their inventory. If true then return the blower to Lowe's and order the one direct from Englander. Just trying to help out... Good luck!

So you ordered the blower from Lowe's not Englander? Englander discontinued using the noisy FASCO blower and replaced them with a quieter P-TECH. I know because mine went from the "working whine" to a nice smooth working quiet blower after replacing. I'm thinking that Lowe's probably still had the FASCO in their inventory. If true then return the blower to Lowe's and order the one direct from Englander. Just trying to help out... Good luck!
=
hi, no, I got the last SET of fan motors AND auger motors directly from Englander . .....they make such a high pitched squeal, our 3 cats hide in the closet and won't come out until the stove is stone cold.

=
hi, no, I got the last SET of fan motors AND auger motors directly from Englander . .....they make such a high pitched squeal, our 3 cats hide in the closet and won't come out until the stove is stone cold.
That's weird because the new P-Tech motors are quiet and I know because I have 2 running in my house. Are you sure they aren't Fasco's??

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

=
Is it possible the auger is squealing on carbon build-up near the burn pot in the auger flight? That does create an unpleasant sound too...

Reactions: cecil_archer
=
=====
no, I last replaced ALL motors in NOVEMBER 2015, they were replaced free of charge except shipping and handling, and they still squeal. I have not received any of the newer ones [ P-TECH ] While I had the augers apart to replace their motors, I cleaned, and filed the carbon off, smoothed the ends...what do the new P=tech blower motors cost ?

Status
Not open for further replies.