Love at first light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

Feb 15, 2009
south/central Pa
Just installed a Quadrafire 4100I about two weeks ago. After reading 100's of positive feedbacks on Quad's, two years of research, and finding someone who had one that I could actually talk to about one (turns out I worked with him for 12 years and didn't know he had one) I finally decided it was the right insert for us. The first time I lit it,it was true bliss to finally get some heat our of the fireplace I installed when we bought our house. I have read a lot of suggestions on hearth.com from cleaning glass to figuring out the correct air setting to really get the heat going. Thought I would send out a thank you to every one here who unselfishly offered their years of experience. THANK YOU ALL.

Welcome to the club bambam. Congratulations. You'll be hooked for life now. Post a picture if you get a chance.

It took me two years to figure out which insert I needed. Posting a picture might take a computer illiterate a while, but I will try.

bambam said:
It took me two years to figure out which insert I needed. Posting a picture might take a computer illiterate a while, but I will try.

I'll never understand folks like you . . . folks that rashly buy things on a whim without doing a little bit of research. Just kidding with ya . . . I'm kind of the same mind . . . although granted it didn't take me two years . . . I do tend to try to research the high end purchases before buying . . . heck once I even spent a few days researching toaster ovens. :)

And as for marriage . . . three years of dating before I figured my wife was the ONE . . . and now she tells me that even though I can be a real pain in the patuey sometimes she figures she's getting too old and is too used to me to "break in" a new man. ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.