Love Craigslist ads!(yep I'm bored)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
Jumped on craigslist to see if anything close was being given away and this one caught my eye.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/for/2510423301.html

**"RE: Wanted FIREWOOD (SE MI) (YOUR A GENIUS, NO WONDER YOU GOT FLAGED)"

"FIREWOOD CAN BE SEASONED IN LESS THAN 6 MONTHS, I'VE DONE IT IN 3. YOU SHOULD LET SOMEONE ELSE DO YOUR RESEARCH, SINCE YOU HAVE NO CLUE.
IF YOU HAVE A WOOD BURNER THE SPLIT SIZE DONT REALLY MATTER.
EVEN IF YOU INSPECT THE LOAD, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR.
HAVE FUN WASTING YOUR GAS DRIVING AROUND LOOKING.
I WOULD NOT EVEN WASTE MY TIME W/YOU EVEN IF I WERE TO RECIEVE TWICE AS MUCH FOR THE WOOD."**

So I look down the page to find the original posting and found this.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/for/2509077980.html

**"Wanted FIREWOOD (SE MI)"

"We need ½ cord seasoned split firewood delivered and stacked
to Troy

We have been taken advantage of in the past
so we will be checking the wood before it is unloaded.

THE WOOD MUST BE SEASONED AT LEAST ONE to TWO YEARS

✔ Do you have pics?

✔ How long ago was the tree cut? When were they split?

✔ What is the split size ? We have a woodburner.

If we are happy with the wood we will spread the words and be loyal
customers of yours in the future."**

I haven't figured out what the problem with the original post is. Those are all good questions that I would want to know if I ever bought wood. All "woodburners" aren't the same size so split size is important, along with all their other questions. If I wasn't busted up right now I'd sell the guy a half cord for a sweat deal. :lol:

That reminds me of a guy I work with....he was dealing with a guy from Troy on CL. They argued for 1/2 hour about where to meet and how to get there until they realized they were in 2 different states.

how dare he ask for seasoned wood beyond 1 year!

I'm with you rdust... what gives?

maybe he kiln dries it in 3 months... or has it shipped to Nevada, then ships it back in 3 months. Either way he sounds awful angry. :eek:hh:

Hey rdust, are you close enough to help that poor guy out? He at least sounds like an intelligent chap.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey rdust, are you close enough to help that poor guy out? He at least sounds like an intelligent chap.

Close enough to help him out if he wants to come to me. With my back I don't think I can deliver and stack it for him. :( I may send him an e-mail and toss it out there in a bit.

Maybe together we could come up with a half cord?! And I agree; you don't need the lifting.

Backwoods Savage said:
Maybe together we could come up with a half cord?! And I agree; you don't need the lifting.

I go in Friday for my surgery so hopefully I'll be good to go in 6 weeks. :) If he can't come to me I'll ask if they can wait a while, I'll take care of them before it gets cold.

Ya I figured you'd be going in next week. We wish you the best for sure and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Do you know if you will have to spend time in the hospital or not yet?

I'd say let him come and get it. That sounds like a long distance.

Backwoods Savage said:
Ya I figured you'd be going in next week. We wish you the best for sure and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Do you know if you will have to spend time in the hospital or not yet?

I'd say let him come and get it. That sounds like a long distance.

Thanks! It's an out patient surgery as long as everything goes well so no more than 23 hours in the hospital. I have to jump through a couple more hoops for insurance before Friday so hopefully that goes well.

The distance isn't bad, I work in Rochester Hills so I'm not far from Troy on a daily basis.

That sounds good rdust. I hope it is out quickly but don't count on doing too much for a while. I didn't realize where you worked. Do please let me know if I can help. I'd even bring my splitter if needed. You can supply the milk crate.

Backwoods Savage said:
That sounds good rdust. I hope it is out quickly but don't count on doing too much for a while. I didn't realize where you worked. Do please let me know if I can help. I'd even bring my splitter if needed. You can supply the milk crate.

:lol: Thanks Dennis! I plan to be back in action for this winters cutting, I'm just going to have to watch the bending and lifting for a while.(the rest of my life lol) The wife has already told me she would roll me rounds and "allow" me to pull the lever! I will be a vertical splitter now, I don't need to lift the wood anymore than I have to.

Angry and an uneducated lout to boot . . . I saw nothing wrong with the original post other than the fact that someone obviously knows what they need to look for and is trying to find a good source of wood.

But Jake, some just don't know. Besides, rdust will be doing all the splitting vertical now. That just shows his intelligence!

Here is another one. He will let you pay him to cut down his trees!

new hampshire craigslist > for sale / wanted > farm & garden

abt 10 cords or so of Oak (Milton)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-07-25, 11:26AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have abt 10 cords of Oak wood, I'm asking $100 or BRO for 6 large oak trees. They're abt 80-100 ft tall. valid insurance is needed, as well as you'll be responsible for all damage and cleaning up.

A contract will be signed and money is due upon signing of the contract. I will check with your insurance to make sure it's valid and the amount that it's valid for.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2512081976

Bet his phone is ringing off the hook. ROFLMAO

Got a kick out of this one seeing as how we discuss Gum trees ever so often Winchester Va . craiglist in case anyone is interested.

I have about 30 logs from a Black Gum tree I cut down a week ago. They are too hard for me to split. You are welcome to them phone ###########

peterc38 said:
Here is another one. He will let you pay him to cut down his trees!

new hampshire craigslist > for sale / wanted > farm & garden

abt 10 cords or so of Oak (Milton)

Date: 2011-07-25, 11:26AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have abt 10 cords of Oak wood, I'm asking $100 or BRO for 6 large oak trees. They're abt 80-100 ft tall. valid insurance is needed, as well as you'll be responsible for all damage and cleaning up.

A contract will be signed and money is due upon signing of the contract. I will check with your insurance to make sure it's valid and the amount that it's valid for.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2512081976

I bet he re-posts it for a month or two before he realizes no one will bite. Then he will try to give it away until he realizes he's going to have to pay someone.

Anybody own tree service in the area? Send him a quote & see if he replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.