Love my Heat & Glo but ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lasitter

May 26, 2015
Ludlow, MA, USA
I have a 6000 series and I love most everything about it except the thermostat.

It is the RK130EAR Milivolt Transformer model, UPC 686334526173, Rev F, 54656-013.

Aside from needing to relocating it for better function, I find the thermostat hard to see / read and difficult to set, as it functions as an analog unit, and the set range is very narrow (you have to try and move it the width of a human hair in order to make small adjustments.

What I'd love to find is some modern, compatible, digital or programmable thermostat.

I think there's a 24v converter in the fireplace but the voltage across the two terminals in the thermostat is only 2.5v thereabouts.

I'd ask my Heat & Glo dealer about this but it can be hard to get his attention.

Any ideas appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.