Love my new blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
I decided to go ahead and get the blower for my Craftsbury. I can't believe what a difference it has made. I works so much better than the ceiling fan I have, that I don't hardly use it. With my stove top temps around 350, my house gets to 72deg. I'm burning less wood since I don't need the 400+ deg to get that temp with the ceiling fan. It isn't too loud either, but I only run it about half speed.

Nice. I have an insert so the fan is a must. It puts out the heat for us. Glad it's working out for you.

I've been meaning to ask this question and haven't so this seems like it will get some owners of blower attention.

I've only been here for about a week but I have yet to see any reference to the air temps coming out of a blower. I have an insert and get very little radiant heat from it so I really depend on the blower to be throwing the heat into the room

My question is: What kind of temps are you getting out of your heat vents? I run at about 140 to 180 for the most part during the beginning to middle of a burn cycle but drops to the 110-130 range when most of the gasses are exhausted and the cat temp drops. I burned an old stove for 20 years and regularly got 200 -250* out of the air vents but of course burned through much more wood much more quickly.

Does anyone else even measure the air temp or am I just a thermometer and measurement freak as my wife says I am?

I measure about 200 to 250° . Top discharge vent has a formed sheetmetal deflector to direct air downwards, meaured there with an IR themometer.
Older non cat pre epa (I think) insert, details in sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.