Love that "new stove smell"-- It's in!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njtomatoguy

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
Put my stove in yesterday- exceeded all clearances, chimney is straight, and plumb- Fired it up last night, set off smoke detector, I think it was just the paint cooking off- Fired it up this morning, opened a window-- how long does this smell last?

Drafts like a champ, glass stayed clean, no smoke spilled out when I added wood..

Life is good!

Yes, pic we need pics.

We did our third break-in (hottest one yet) fire last night and I could still smell the paint curing. No smoke alarm went off though (had windows open).

OT:
What blew me away this morning is that when I looked in the firebox this morning, all the firebricks were so clean it didn't look like we even had a fire.

It took about a week for all the smell to go away. Where are the PICS!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.