Loveless ash vac

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoverp

Jan 3, 2010
Montana
I am looking at getting an ash vac, does anyone like te Loveless Cougar? I was thinking of puttting a metal screen over the hose end to stop the big chunks from getting sucked up and then brush them off as you clean around..

any other ash vacs out there?

thanks

Patrick

I was about to buy one and found the reviews were negative. Most complained that the nozzle opening is tiny and that it is noisy as heck.

More importantly, I believe that this unit is really ideal for a fireplace, but not a woodstove. By bending the hose enough to use it in a firebox, you sooner or later wreck the hose assembly. In a fireplace with lots of room, you would never have this issue.

Also, mine was always clogging, and the basic model is loud (though they sell a less loud unit also). And the hose rusted.

It's definitely $200 I wish I had back.

Status
Not open for further replies.