Lovin' my Heritage! Hatin' my oil!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edthedawg

Minister of Fire
9:30pm: piled in some splits and shoulder chunks, plus a single Eco log - just to really drive a hot flue-cleaning fire.

5:30am: got up to a 70F house. raked & reloaded, got it ripping.

6:30am: shower went from hot to warm to cool to frigid. ARGH! DEAD BOILER! F*%@#@*&%!!!!

The oil hates me. I think it's jealous of the woodstove.

House will still be 72F when I get home, and it's not getting out of the 30's here in CT, w/ wind, snow, and rain all day! Priceless! :)

8:00 pm put in 4 splits. 9:00 showered and then went to bed. 7:00 am got up to a warm house. Raked coals and put in 3 splits. 20 minutes later engaged the cat. Hey, it's almost hot in here now!

If I could get the husband to turn the trays of hastily picked tomatos into freezable Marinara sauce I'd be able to fire up the Fireview... alas, that won't be the case for a few days. So, at present it's the "stageing area" for the last of the warm season harvest.

Sigh.

You keep your tomatoes in the stove?

I was kinda wonderin' about that, meself.

anywho - i gots hots waters. no bill yet, but if it's another ignitor (3rd in 3 yrs) i'ma tellin' 'em to buy me a case of the dang things, and just leave it here!

i think i might just not bother turning on the heat anytime soon. see how long we can stretch it w/ just the stove running.

i never did get the big floor vents put in... kinda a lot of airspace that's tough to reach upstairs...

I heat my 1300 sq ft ranch with nothin but wood brother, the oil man hasnt been by in QUITE some time. Burning wood just feels right - you can always plant more trees, but what happens when there no more oil? I gotta run my stang on something!

:) Nope, but the black nursery flats that contain the last of the bounty are on top of it and all around it on the raised hearth... we ran out of room in our galley style kitchen.

But I'll fire up the Classic out in my studio when I'm working in there tomorrow; today is devoted to outdoor chores before the crummy weather arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.