lovin the englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsfan

Feeling the Heat
Dec 1, 2008
Jackson,Mi.
Everything passed inspection. First small fire made me very nervous. I made sure it was on its way out when i went to bed last night. But today I had a drs. appointment and had the day off, So I got a decent fire goin today while I sat in front of it the hole time so I could check temps and make sure everything was good. At one time the temps got up to 735 on stve top and flue was at 450 pushing 600, but I was able to die it down and have a good control now... I have to leave the air all the way down and it is cruising at about 500-550 and feeling good.I think I can actually leave it going when I go to bed....I trust it already... Just not gonna load it completely full just yet. At least one of the dogs know where the heat is.

Attachments

• 267760_159254634219787_402359767_n.jpg
    267760_159254634219787_402359767_n.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 108
Yep, they attract us firebugs, cats, dogs and cold wives! Our cat, well, my wife's cat never leaves the stoves side. Mine is the basement that's where they all hang out. That means I get the big tv and can watch what I want!

Ps nice set up! My parents have a 30 they use to heat a restaurant probably 50+ by 35+ . It does very well!

Mine is in the basement also.I need to update my signiture.

Nothing like a wood fire to warm the body and soul.
Congrats and stay warm.
Those are a kick a$$ stove for the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.