Loving my regency 3100,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 25, 2020
Southwestpa
Been burning in my 3100 for 6 years now ,i live just north of Pittsburgh pa, with this milder weather I’ve been getting away with 1 or 2 fires a day but if it gets below 25 degrees ill do 3 burns a day, it’ll keep our house in the high 70s sometimes 80 .wife likes it warm ,stove is in corner of basement pointed towards stairwell,unfinished ceilings allow the heat to warm up the whole floor and it radiates up through everything,i came from using an older squire which heated well but you had to feed it every couple of hrs which gets very old .i now have burns going into 8-10-12 hrs depending on outside temperatures . thanks and good day

Reactions: begreen
Sounds like you have it dialed in with good dry firewood. It a good basic stove that should provide many more years of warming pleasure.

Ill post a picture of an overnight load when i get home this might help people understand what it takes to get a good long burn I’ve been looking at peoples fires on this site for years shaking my head and they wonder why they only get a few hrs or no secondary action, i get rough cut 3 by9s from work i can put 2 rows of 3 in on the right side and middle of the box then a row of 4 by 4s on the left and essential get a left to right burn that’ll last all day or night and I’m heating 2300 plus feet from the basement, picture coming later good afternoon gentlemen,

Here’s a picture of a full load for my stove this will get us 10-12 hrs of heat because it’s kind of mild out 35 degrees Fahrenheit if it was colder it could e down to 8 hrs but usually when it’s below 15 I’ll do slightly smaller loads and burn a little hotter good night

IMG_0470.jpeg IMG_0471.jpeg

Reactions: Todd
The solid wall with little air gaps between helps the longer burn. What species wood is this?

Those are oak shoring timbers I get all the cutoff pieces at work takes a while to dry I even put drying sticks between them for air flow under the solar kiln otherwise it’ll take 3-4 yrs to dry

Reactions: begreen
Wow that is tight, Don't think i could get away with packing it that tight in my set up. My draft is ok but not overly strong in any way.

Years ago I use to buy cut offs like that from a pallet making company. $35 for roughly 1/3 cord. It was a sad day when they went out of business.

That wasn’t a cold start I had some coals I raked all the way to the left then added the wood and the 4 by 4s took off fairly fast so really there’s nothing under the big boards which gets me a nice long burn essentially left to right till the tops catch then it’s a top down fire works well for me , everything I learned I learned here at this site been reading it for years finally got on

Reactions: bigealta