loving the soapstone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

relax

well ive had my mansfield for 2 months now,,kicking out 80 k btu and i dont care if i don't get a fed bailout..ill stick it to the man one way or a nother ..this stove rocks and i actually live where it gets cold....i sure love the new rock....happy spring to all ..sipping crown,,,,ZZZim any mansfield owners how you liking your rock. and any tips for a happy new owner,,,,,,ZZZZim

also does anyone think yhey will add this stove to the credit list??

Looks like it won't make the credit list. Looking at their web site the Mansfield is the only stove that doesn't have the tax certificate and they don't even state the efficiency in the specs like they do with all their other stoves. Wonder how close it was and why it didn't pass?

Saw an interview with the Pres. of Hearthstone where he said he was concerned that because it didn't qualify for the tax credit that they may not ever be able to sell another one.

Lower the price and I will buy one in a heartbeat. That big ass rock has got to be a major house heater. Not enough to make me chuck my love of my life Englander 30-NC, but at a nice price... The 30 would go in the basement and do the job for the early and late months. The blower on that sucker moves a lot of heat that can be aimed at the basement stairwell.

Hey zim, I think the mansfield is one good looking stove, I would not worry so much about all this epa ratings and tax credit, If you are happy with your stove and it heats your home the way you want it heated, that is what matters most, If I had the extra cash i would love to have purchased one good luck bro.

Zim, Cudos to ya! Did you burn wood before you got your stone? If so, was there much of a learning curve? I have the Equinox and I'm ready to get going with it. We are just a tad too warm @ 85deg here so I will have to wait a while....... I second RIDGERUNNER30's comments! With that said the bailout was the main reason we went with the EQ. Burn safe!!

Come winter, heat and dry wood will be on your mind, not rebates. You got the stove you like that will do the job. Good choice.

We got a big stove the year before and didn't get a rebate, so what?. That isn't going to reduce our pleasure from the stove one whit. The rebates will be a distant memory, but the stove will remind us of its worth every year.

BeGreen said:
Come winter, heat and dry wood will be on your mind, not rebates. You got the stove you like that will do the job. Good choice.

We got a big stove the year before and didn't get a rebate, so what?. That isn't going to reduce our pleasure from the stove one whit. The rebates will be a distant memory, but the stove will remind us of its worth every year.

I agree BeGreen . . . occasionally I find myself thinking that I bought my stove too soon and as such I don't qualify for the tax rebate . . . and then I realize how much money I saved last year and how much I enjoyed having the woodstove and I realize that quite honestly even if I had known about the tax rebate I most likely would have pulled the trigger on buying the woodstove last year just like I did . . . if nothing more to start saving money that much earlier.

Heck, I have gotten a tax rebate every year that I have burned wood. In the form of not paying taxes on the fuel I have saved. That darn stove replaces over 1000 gals of LP per year.

there was a learning curve ,just take wide open,,yes i did burn before ,i had a heritage for 5-6 months and found a buyer for it,nice rock but i do not like my electric furnice to run at all while I work 12 miles from home ,10 hour days...Didn't get to use the mansfield the coldest part of the winter,looking foward to the 80k btu this winter when its -60 here in the dakotas...RELAX ZIM

Status
Not open for further replies.