Low 32 tonight.... first burn of the year?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedogz

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2011
NE Maryland
The heat-seeking Meezles are parked impatiently in front of the 30 asking... "When are you turning on the warm?"

So, if it's 45 when I got to bed with a forecast low of 32, Mrs. Blue complains I'm starting the stove "too early."

Reactions: n3pro
LOL, with those temps Mrs. BG would be grabbing some sticks and firing off the stove herself.

Hmmm... Low forecast in the high fifties over here tonight.

Light that bad boy up.

The heat-seeking Meezles are parked impatiently in front of the 30 asking... "When are you turning on the warm?"

So, if it's 45 when I got to bed with a forecast low of 32, Mrs. Blue complains I'm starting the stove "too early."

You are lucky...32 would make for a great fire

So, you go to bed at 7:00 p.m.?==c
This is the same type of thought that likens getting wood now for burning in 2017 as being anal or insane.>>
Leave the fire alone, and let the house cool off. That oughta learn her.;lol

SOmething don't make sense here, we are only hitting a low of 50 tonight, higher 50's the next few days.

Yeah I just looked at the forecast for Havre de Grace and the low for tonight is 55 degrees.

We had 32 a couple nights ago. Today it is 80 and extremely humid. Looks like one more day of it then back into the 60's again. That will be very welcome.

Reactions: PapaDave
Please keep the humidity over there. I am really enjoying the 35% we have here the last couple of days. So nice...

I hear you Hog. We enjoyed it too. Looks like it will be back in a couple days.

Crap, I still haven't got around to cleaning out the ashes from my last burns of last year ;em

Still wearing shorts though, I think I have time...

Im going to enjoy the cool weather for as long as I can, when the wife reaches for the thermostat Ill be lighting up.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Looks to be my first kick at the non cat as well tonight.

Fri. Overnight
Clear

an.png

0°C

Feels like -3

P.O.P: 10%
Wind W 10 km/h
Wind gust -
Humidity 75%

Yeah I just looked at the forecast for Havre de Grace and the low for tonight is 55 degrees.

I fell prey to the iPhone weather app. I swear to God it said low 32.

Happened to me one night. I looked at Accuweather. Said it was gonna be cold and I started the stove. When it settled down I came back to the computer and noticed that when I went to the Accuweather page it had defaulted to a New York zip code.

Whoops!

I see we're predicted another frost tomorrow night. I think tonight is 39 for the low. We'll be okay without a fire tonight though.

I dont see anything in the next 10 days that warrants the loss of any of my precious wood.

Reactions: BrotherBart
Wow BB, its not too often i get a BB "like" Thats a badge of honor in these parts ;lol

I think tomorrow might be my first fire. I'll have to probably open up windows later on but so be it. Lows are in low 40's and current cabin temps from remote probe shows low 50's.

Where is your cabin at? I was thinking you were not to far from me. I assume your cabin is at a higher elevation

Status
Not open for further replies.