low flame on #1 setting on Big E

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajwoodman

Aug 6, 2008
Me
Another question from a pellet stove newbie. I have a Big E run on Hi/Lo with programmable thermostat. Had it running a couple of days but now I see that on the Lo setting the flame is very inconsistent. It will fire up then go down so low that it looks like nothing but embers, then it will fire back up and have a flame (it is never a high flame though). Is this normal or could it be a bad setting? Maybe someday I will get this right until then, I have to rely on all of your good information.
Thanks

I have a breckwell p23 and I can reset the trim (pellet feed setting) for running on low. I think your stove should be the same. Depending on what brand of pellet your using you may need to adjust this setting. While your stove is running on 1 press the reset trim button on the control board. You will see the heat setting lights change. If only the 1 light is on the stove is in the lowest setting. Keep pressing the reset trim button until the number 1 & 4 light is on. That is the fastest setting on low. Also don't forget to adjust your dampner. I have to keep mine almost all the way in to keep the flame going. The flame on mine is also up and down but I think its normal being that low and the flame just gets higher once a pile of pellets is dropped in until they burn up. I hope this helps. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.