Low pressure steam/ hot water exchangers, price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brad068

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I recently stumbled across a few Trane model downdraft hanging heaters (look on cozyheat site to see discription). Two different sizes one @70K btu and other @90k btu (hot water). They are used and in fair condition. I pressure tested them and jumpered the motors. They seem to be in working order. Wondering what they are worth.

I have a Modine, bought used off of e-bay several years ago, and works great. I only use it when I need immediate heat (storage temp is low) from the boiler. I have a manual by-pass valve from the boiler to feed it directly when that extra heat bump is needed. Don't remember what I paid, but thinking it was around $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.