Low temp baseboard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawandorder

Mar 17, 2008
upstate new york
Anyone have any experience using lower temp baseboard heat. Last year I had some issues without being able to consistantly get 180 out of my storage. it seemed to me that my circulators ran so much that the storage temps just werent able to keep and stay hot. That made a big difference in our living room area that has cathedral ceilings with a wall of glass facing west. We currently have a total of 36 feet of baseboard in that room but it just didnt seem to get warm enough with the Tarm. I will say that i had problems with wood quality last year that I have solved for this year. I have noticed that there are several companies making baseboard that operates in the 150-70 degree range but it seems questionable to me at least. As always any input is greatly appreciated. As usual the learning curve changes and expands.

Lawandorder, check out a product called heating edge made by smith's enviromental products. Its a nice product and if piped in the two pipe configuration will put out 612 BTU/hr with 120 deg water at 1 GPM and 1041 BTU/hr with 180 deg water at 1 GPM. It is a lttle pricey.

any HW baseboard will work, use the derate table to determine the output at lower temperatures. like this one thanks to SlantFin.

hr

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 298
Status
Not open for further replies.