Lower pellet prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wil,

I posted that auction some weeks back, and i agree that if you get them, they are supposed to be really good pellets. The issue mainly, has been the sellers "reputation"......some people (like you) say they had no problems, but others got "mixed signals" from him.

Did you pre-pay, or "COD"?

macman said:
Wil,

I posted that auction some weeks back, and i agree that if you get them, they are supposed to be really good pellets. The issue mainly, has been the sellers "reputation"......some people (like you) say they had no problems, but others got "mixed signals" from him.

After they were unloaded on a Friday, I mailed him a check on the following Monday, I guess you could call it COD. If it were me selling the pellets, I certainly wouldn't allow 22 tons of pellets to be unloaded without a deposit of some sort prior to delivery, but thats me....

wil said:
macman said:
Wil,

After they were unloaded on a Friday, I mailed him a check on the following Monday, I guess you could call it COD. If it were me selling the pellets, I certainly wouldn't allow 22 tons of pellets to be unloaded without a deposit of some sort prior to delivery, but thats me....

Wow.....that's amazing. I guess you can't ask for anything better than that.....too bad he's so far from me.....I'd buy from him with that kind of deal. The price is great.

BTW, how about a "review" of the pellets?

i bought 22 tons from him back in august,was a little slow in getting delivery time nailed down but otherwise easy to work with. very trusting. delivered them then had me send a check a a few days later.said he will trust people until he gets burned. brave soul! the pellets said pro pellets that are in green and white bags from michigan.wrapped very good,no holes in bags,more ash than i was expecting,not the worst ive burned but okay.the price is right just clean stove a little more.

Wil,

Do you know exactly where this pellet company is located in NY? I'm only a couple of hours from Chateguay so it's possible I could get my father to pick up my pellets with his 18 wheeler. What was their delivery charge?

Thanks,
Andy

Andrew Churchill said:
Wil,

Do you know exactly where this pellet company is located in NY? I'm only a couple of hours from Chateguay so it's possible I could get my father to pick up my pellets with his 18 wheeler. What was their delivery charge?

Thanks,
Andy
Andy,
He is only a retail dealer, my load came directly from the manufacturer so I'm not sure that anyone could pick up a whole load at his place of business. I meant him in Plattsburg and did pickup a ton prior to purchasing the truckload, I needed to see how they burned. They did burn awesome in my boiler, the 12 bags that I burned. I'm still burning my pellet overstock from last year (2 ton left) so I haven't burned only the 12 bags that I used as a test but my son has been burning them all season in his Big-E and he tells me they burn excellent in his stove. I purchased my load back in June, $228.00/ ton delivered to Rutland, VT., really good price back then. I think he was selling them on Ebay at $214-$216/ ton. His place of business address is: Wood & Wicker, 169 E. Main ST., Chateaugay, NY. I'm hoping his price remains in the area that it is now come May when I'm ready to buy another load.

If I did my math correctly he was charging $12 - $14 P/ton for delivery. That's a great price! The distance he traveled to Rutland from NY would be about the same distance he'd have to travel to my place.

Did you have to buy 22 tons in order for him to deliver to your place and how did you get them off the truck?

Andy

I've been burning the pro Pellet since September / October with no problems. Some bags have more fines than others but other than that I'm Happy with them

I'm pretty sure he sells by the ton, but you may not get the same shipping "deal" on just a ton or two.

He also says he sells corn (50 or 100lb sacks)...I wonder how much?

Andrew Churchill said:
If I did my math correctly he was charging $12 - $14 P/ton for delivery. That's a great price! The distance he traveled to Rutland from NY would be about the same distance he'd have to travel to my place.

Did you have to buy 22 tons in order for him to deliver to your place and how did you get them off the truck?

Andy
Andy,
I had to buy 22 ton to get the price per ton because the pellets came directly to me from the manufacturer, he just placed the order. I had them delivered to where my son is employed, VELCO, (power company), they have a fork lift and a storage shed where we unloaded them. The truck driver and myself used a pallet jack to move them to the rear of the trailer where my son used the fork lift to put them in the shed, took about 20 min. to unload. I ended up with 6 ton, my son 7 ton, my son's boss 7 ton, and another employee took 2 ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.