lowes @ $297 a ton. silly me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
was in lowes in Raynham mass on this past thursday and truck load of green team came in.$209 a ton.figured i would discuss it with my wife about stocking up for next year(thats where the silly me comes in).we finally agreed on 4 ton for next season but went there today and now its $297.had i pulled the trigger on thursday i could have gotten 4 ton delivered for $817.now its $1134.
all super premiums available for far less

Sucks. I'd be bummed big time. Past couple
of weeks I managed to hobble home 3 1/2 tons
while they were $209. For those who haven't
stocked up I hope the prices drop some.

corkman said:
was in lowes in Raynham mass on this past thursday and truck load of green team came in.$209 a ton.figured i would discuss it with my wife about stocking up for next year(thats where the silly me comes in).we finally agreed on 4 ton for next season but went there today and now its $297.had i pulled the trigger on thursday i could have gotten 4 ton delivered for $817.now its $1134.
all super premiums available for far less

i waited to long too was going to lowes today but now i will wait

Xena said:
Sucks. I'd be bummed big time. Past couple
of weeks I managed to hobble home 3 1/2 tons
while they were $209. For those who haven't
stocked up I hope the prices drop some.

It's a shame the prices are going up!!! :-(

Like the rivers rising around me, I could see the Lowe's prices in other areas going up. Since Home Depot ran out for the season, I knew there is no reason for Lowe's to price competitively.

So like you Xena I bit the bullet and picked up 2.5 tons a week ago today from the last batched priced at $209.00 per ton! Since I have 0.5 ton from last summer, this makes 3 tons which is all I have room for right now!

Now this week they are UP 50 Cents a bag to $4.68 per bag and or $234 per Ton for your choice of Northern or Maine's Choice pellets!!
At least their in Tax Free NH. Does Mass charge Sales Tax on Wood Pellets????

Attachments

• LowesDelivery03082011-6sc.jpg
    LowesDelivery03082011-6sc.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 418
  • LowesDelivery03082011-5sc.jpg
    LowesDelivery03082011-5sc.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 436
  • LowesDelivery03082011-3sc.jpg
    LowesDelivery03082011-3sc.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 434
  • LowesDelivery03082011-4sc.jpg
    LowesDelivery03082011-4sc.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 422
  • WPMainesChoiceNewPriceSC.jpg
    WPMainesChoiceNewPriceSC.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 440
  • WPNorthernPelletsPriceSC.jpg
    WPNorthernPelletsPriceSC.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 426
Nope no sales tax on wood pellet fuel here but
the prices at the Lowes stores in my area are
5.97 a bag. Frikkin huge increase from one
day to the next. I might have popped for $4.68
with my 10% coupon for another ton but no
way will I pay that kind of cake for those pellets
since I might be set for next winter.
I'm betting that they won't move that much
at those prices but we shall see.

WOW, I am glad that I got my 7 ton about 6 weeks ago at HD......for a total price
of $167.00 per ton, delivered. All stacked inside, along with the remained of this
years pellets, nice and dry, saying...burn me!!

Red Devil I installed this stove in 05' and
have never seen pellets that cheap in all
the time of owning this so I will assume
that pellet prices in PA are typically lower
than here in New England.

6 weeks ago, many of us right here in Mass were buying for $167/ton from HD and Lowes using 10% coupons. I did. Just last week I got an extra ton for $188 at Lowes.

Status
Not open for further replies.