New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Lowe's Amherst, NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterfield

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2013
New Hampshire
Stopped by for something else and they were loaded with pellets. Brands they have are Inferno Gold, green Supreme, Corinth, Maine's Choice, Green Team, Cheat River, Nature's Own and Geneva pellets. Seems most were selling for $259 a ton but the Green Teams were in the low $300's. I did pick up some 50% off bags of Green Team that were torn bag sales and a few bags of Cheat River to try. The clerk said that all told, the store has around 8,000 bags of pellets but I counted at least 140 tons of Geneva's and 50 tons of Green Supreme in the garden center and there were more rows there as well as bags in the store.

Still the big bucks here......

I know. For their price points you can get into some seriously good pellets for equal to slightly more cost. Store manager told me they can see what is happening but the corporate Gods have a tin ear to what the market is doing. You would think same-time sales comparisons would cause them concern but so far it's not evident.

Went to my local Lowes over the weekend and noticed they raised the price of Green Team to $6.98 a bag ( .60 cents more than a month ago)
Can't figure out that logic.

Reactions: bogieb
2 miles down the road.... La Crete... $285
2 miles down the road from where? OP was in Amherst, so that Barrington place is a bit further :(.

Dan's geographic reference are the Lowe's and Home Depots in his neck of the woods.
Thanks... I keep forgetting that everyone has not read all of my stuff..
I've mentioned the locale about a zillion times.... I took it for granted...

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.