Lowes and Greene Team

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbreda

Minister of Fire
Aug 3, 2009
Lakes Region, NH
With Lowes in New England ( at least this area) now apparently realizing that all pellets are not equal and now charging 51 bucks a ton more for Greene Team than their other pellets, will those GT pellets actually sell? IMO, they are not worth that price, especially with Spruce Pointe at 269, Vermont at 270 and plenty other super premiums for 10 bucks more than GT.

Leave it to a big box to finally get it and then charge way too much for a slightly better pellet. I realize that they will get as much as the local market will bear, but from my experience, these are real good, not great pellets.

Just wondering.....................

I don't think they will sell at that price, or at least they won't sell as much as they did last year. Some customers will probably just pay the price regardless. I would buy the better pellets elsewhere and keep checking back, if they can't sell them I would think they would lower the price so that they don't get stuck with the inventory.

i paid 188.00 a ton for GT's at my local Lowes, which i beleive was the same price they were charging for whatever other brand they had...cant remember what is was right now

I bought 8 tons at the local Lowe's for $188/ton before adding in the 10% military discount. Really wonder why the same chain has such a huge price difference throughout the region.

ETA: Just called the local store and they are selling GS and GT for $208/ton.

They raised the price up here in Maine last December. I and I think others on here stopped buying, but they haven't raised thier price yet.

Who knows if they will sell.....but like you I would not buy them. I got Vermont's, Turmans, and PWI for less.
You are in my area, just warning you lock your stash and be on pirate alert stock-photo-sculpture-of-skull-with-knives-beads-and-triangular-scarf-51811276.jpg

My understanding of the way big box stores work is that their buyers call a pellet broker and order X# of tons at the best price. They don't buy by name, they buy on best price. My local Lowes has New England (this week)

Status
Not open for further replies.