Lowes and pellet supply, here in Central Kentucky

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakethepup

Aug 3, 2008
Central Kentucky
I went by Lowes this morning and checked on their pellet supply. They had some pellets on the floor inside the store, and they were 5.97 per bag. When I questioned the saleman about how much they were going to sell a ton for. I was told that had not come in yet but, he did say that they are going to limit 2 tons per customer. I forgot to write down the brand name of the pellets.

I haven't gotten my insert installed yet but was just checking around to see what the prices are going to be.

It is still early in the season here so the supply may change.

yes they did the same ting here in jersey same price also they are not cutting the price per ton as they did before check tractor supply here the were selling for $239 our tsc store went thru around 4 trailer loads in a month and they were all at last years price

Both stores the same here. Lowes @ $5.99 per bag, no ton price. Lowes told me limiting supply, but at that price I didn't ask.Tractor supply at $239.50 per ton. I have 3.5 tons, could use another half, I may wait and see how things shake out, or just grab another ton when my kids are home from college.

I think your checking the wrong places. Around my area they are @202.00/ton for Somerset Brand. Which from what I read are some of the best.

Panhandler said:
I don't have much choice around here. Tractor Supply's brand is Somerset, I've burned them before.

There is a stove dealer (can't remember his name) on here in Kinsman OH which is close to you . If I remember corectly his were reasonably priced.

thats eric from Kinsman stove, probably about 100 miles from the WV border. I got 3 tons from him, stacked in the garage. forgot the brand name but search the site and i'm sure you'll find some of his post. Last i saw he was at $220/ton. He delivers but not sure how far he'll go.

There are a few quality pellet plants in KY and right across the pond in southern IN , Here are some of them, and their web sights. Some have dealer locators on them.

Somerset Pellet Fuel, Somerset, Ky http://www.somersetpelletfuel.com
Southern Kentucky Hardwood Flooring (Country Boy White lightning) in Gamaliel, Ky http://southernkentuckyhardwoodflooring.com
Anderson Wood Products (kentucky Kernel ) http://www.hardwoodpellet.com/
Koetter & Smith in Borden, IN http://www.koettersmith.com

If your close to the Louisville, Ft. Knox, or Elizabethtown areas I can give you a few retailers names.

kyburnr,

Did you get your pellets from Versailles? That is really close to where I live, I saw on one of the links you posted there is a dealer in Georgetown and Versailles.

The dealer that I purchased the insert from called, me late Thursday afternoon and wanted to do my install on late Friday afternoon, but I already had made plans, so I am hoping he can come some time next week.

He sells his pellets for 225.00 per ton, and 50.00 dollars to deliver them, so I think when he does call I am going to get a ton from him and use his pellets for the first burn and if something is wrong and the stove does not operate correctly, he won't be able to say it was cause by using X brand pellets.

No , I am in the Ft. Knox area, I have 2 places, both at 202.00 / ton NOT delivered. One place in E-Town area and in the Corydon IN area. Orscheln Farm & Home had the Somerset Brand for 3.99 / bag (1 or 50)till last week. Now they are 4.49/bag and 10% off if by the ton(4.04 / bag). Same at the E-town dealer. Check your local Feed & Seed places like Tractor supply or southern states or call the Manufact. and see who he delivers to in your area. The ones I have talked to said I could buy them by the ton and make a couple trips to pick them up, (can't haul a ton at a time) Your dealer should not charge a delivery charge on your first order, they have to bring the stove anyway.

kyburnr said:
Your dealer should not charge a delivery charge on your first order, they have to bring the stove anyway.

That's a great point.

Jake, Here is a couple that may be in your area selling Andersons KY Kernel

Corn Heat for the Bluegrass
606 Adena Trace
Versailles, KY, 40383
317-694-9038
[email protected]

Ellis Greenhouses
3698 Ironworks Road
Georgetown, KY, 40324
502-863-0391

macman said:
kyburnr said:
Your dealer should not charge a delivery charge on your first order, they have to bring the stove anyway.

That's a great point.

I sure had thought about that since the stove is coming anyway why should I pay extra for the delivery of the pellets. If the installer comes in a single truck and if he is the only person that comes to do the installed and I have to help unload the pellets I sure am going to question that 50.00 charge believe me.

Ukburn, I kind of thought you were close to Lexington, because I thought down your way they were all Card fans. I like both when they are playing someone else, but when they play each other some times I just have toss a coin who to cheer for.

Born and Raised in the derby city ...but NOT a Card fan at all....... Live about 30 miles out now. Cats and Hilltoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.