Lowes coupon special with a little work gets you 1 ton @ 2.76 a bag

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaclaren

Dec 8, 2010
Seacoast, NH
Lowes is running a special coupon after a purchase. it's $10 off $50 or more.

Here is my plan.

1. walk in and buy $50 and get $10 off
2. walk in and buy $50 and get $10 off
3. walk in and buy $50 and get $10 off
4. Walk in and return 3 $50 items and get $150 in credit.
5. Buy 1 ton pellets with credit and use 10% off coupon

Get 50 bags at $2.76 a bag :)

Now you could buy a little less than 50 and max out your discount but a ton is better for moving.

I don't think that will work. You will only be refunded your discounted price paid for the pellets. They will take into account the coupon used.

I am sorry but if it did work Im wouldnt feel right about doing it

And thats why retail sucks. Managing a small business, I get to tell folks that try crap like that to take a hike. You found a loophole and think you got me behind the 8 ball? Nuh uh. What, your gonna call your laywer? I'll put my laywer up against your food stamp public defender any day....bahhhh, dont get me started.

loophole, maybe but they know what they offer for items. I know they make their lawyers fight to reduce property taxes in towns because they have more money than towns that are tight to fight. Happens here. So, they use their corporate lawyers to pay less locally and charge local small business more.

So, they take from us and I look at it that I am taking some back. They drive out the small like business. Don't make them out to be the better people here.

dmaclaren said:
loophole, maybe but they know what they offer for items. I know they make their lawyers fight to reduce property taxes in towns because they have more money than towns that are tight to fight. Happens here. So, they use their corporate lawyers to pay less locally and charge local small business more.

So, they take from us and I look at it that I am taking some back. They drive out the small like business. Don't make them out to be the better people here.

My shop is still thriving after Lowes opened up almost directly across the street. I wouldn't say they drive out small business, if anything I would say they have helped my business. I also have a place to buy materials that are needed other than the local lumber yard who was charging more than double retail for wood and screws. Plus all of the jobs it has added I don't see how they are ''taking'' here.

Reminds me of costco's, 3 yr's ago they had unlimited return policy, actually still do except TV's and PC's, Electronic's....etc, in 2005 i bought a 42" Panasonic plasma for $2499, in the following year the price dropped a total of $850 dollar's i went back with my receipt and get it all back including tax, also i "traded" up my plasma's for newer models and ended up with a 50" Panasonic which didn't have the unlimited return only 90 day's.
Bought something at costco 10 yr's ago?, it's doesnt work....bring it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.