Lowe's has $19 delivery up to 6 tons

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ylomnstr

Feeling the Heat
May 28, 2008
Staatsburg, NY
Just ordered 4 tons from Lowe's in Kingston. $19 delivery fee. Total was $1065.54. Not too shabby.

hell no... that's a great price for delivery

Just got an order from Lowes and I paid $65 for my delivery, you did well

I forget the brand. Same brand I burned last year. Clear bag with green writing. Luckily my stove burns even the lower quality pellets well.

Make sure you remind them of the deal. I bought 4 tons yesterday and when I walked away from the register the had charged me $65 for delivery. I had to go back and the lady said they don't have the deal set up in the computer system, they have to manually input it. She had to get some manager to approve it.

Hell of a delivery deal though.

I think it is all done today???
Was in last week's flyer, wasn't it?

I think it is all done today???
Was in last week's flyer, wasn't it?

I don't get their flyers (don't get a paper either), but I could have sworn the sign up said until 9/6. Of course, my memory isn't what it used to be, so I am probably wrong.

I don't get their flyers (don't get a paper either), but I could have sworn the sign up said until 9/6. Of course, my memory isn't what it used to be, so I am probably wrong.
That is certainly possible..
I was not positive, ergo the question marks..
If I see anything, will update..

Dan

update:
Last week's flyer says 8/26-9/14

Last edited:
Reactions: bogieb
I got the $20 delivery today. Only problem was that I was only allowed to purchase 2 tons. They claimed that it was a corporate policy. I'll hit a different store tomorrow for 2 more. Still comes out to less than the $80 I paid last year.

the clear bag wirh green writing are north americans... they also carry greene team platinums for a premium price (much better pellets for me though)

No Greene teams here on Long Island. I picked up 2 tons of press to logs from the store I went to. The other store has cheat river or green supreme. Leaning towards the cheat river. Anyone ever use them? I'm going through this because no stove chow at HD. Only some pellets I never heard of called big heat.

$19 delivery is nice but the local Lowes here in Farmingdale, NY only has North American Pellets. Had a couple tons of these last year which I sold off since they were the worst pellets I have ever burned.

Yeah. I went to another Lowes for my second 2 tons and the guy just shook his head when he found out what I had to do. Apparently the guy at the first store I went to was misinformed.

The flyer I saw said you have to ask for the delivery discount at the cashier station or service desk.

I took advantage of this deal today at Lowes. Delivery of my 4-tons will be in 2-weeks.
I also used my Lowes credit card for an additional 5% off so the total for 4-tons delivered came to 1,004 bucks.
They may not be the best pellets, but I couldn't find a better deal.
The other dealers in my area want 280+ a ton for Hammers or other "premium grade" pellets and another 80-100 for delivery so you're talking 1200+ for 4-tons
My Englander eats up the cheap stuff and doesn't complain. I burned Home Depot Stove Chow the last 2-years.
I also have a full tank of 2.00 a gallon oil so I probably won't fire up the stove until it gets really cold in January.

I happened to stop by the Lowes next to where I work today and they had Pres-to-logs. So, I ordered 2 tons, got the contractor pricing, and $19 shipping. I've never tried (or even seen) the Pres-to, but heard they were decent on this forum, so with the other 3.5 tons I have, I should be set for winter.

I happened to stop by the Lowes next to where I work today and they had Pres-to-logs. So, I ordered 2 tons, got the contractor pricing, and $19 shipping. I've never tried (or even seen) the Pres-to, but heard they were decent on this forum, so with the other 3.5 tons I have, I should be set for winter.

They have a number of plants; however, I once got a couple tons up here at HD in the "pellet shortage" a couple of springs ago that were from the W. Va plant. From the smell they were mostly red oak and walnut - some of the best pellets I ever burned, and cheap at $219/ton.

Reactions: bogieb
I went to the closest lowes which is 45 miles from my house. They offered me an extra 5% off if I opened a lowes card.

I paid $491 with tax and the $19 shipping.

I have no idea what brand of pellets I will get, green supreme, cheet river or some other brand. I don't care which brand. I just want some warmth on those real cold days.

Status
Not open for further replies.