1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Lowes & HD Lehigh Valley

Post in 'Wood Pellet Pricing Reports' started by solock, Oct 26, 2013.

1. solock

solock Member

Home Depot is $219 per ton, clean fire, and something in a two tone blue bag that wasnt unwrapped yet

Lowes is $230 per ton for Prest O Log or Stove Chow, which I used for the last two years with great success in a Big E and Quadrafire Castille

BUT lowes beats the competition by 10% so Lowes will charge 197.10 per ton to beat the HD price.

It gets better if you get an associate that knows the real deals.

Home Depot has a 5% off coupon right now, I didnt even bring it up because A: I didnt want to push my luck, and B: technically the % off match policy is a true match not a beat by 10% deal, he brought it up and just did it, I asked why lower and he explained it. So the Lowes Price Match price was $188 per ton. Its the lowest I paid in the last 8 years or so and couldn't be happier.

Delivery is $65 and Lowes or HD flat rate and loaded where their forklift can get to, wont put then in a garage for size, but if you need that service they are the same price.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!