Lowes in Hermitage, PA 9-25-11 ***Pellet Abuse***

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Walked into Lowes in Hermitage, Pa and saw these at the door, inside the first set of doors. Enough said. I would not sell those to my customers and would have to burn them in one of the demo stoves unless they arrived like that, I would send them back. I sure would not display pellets in that condition.

Eric

Attachments

• bad pellets.jpg
    bad pellets.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 365
what's wrong with them? They aren't sealed on a pallet double wrapped. Who knows what may have happened to them. when I was checking out the pellets when I was there I looked them over - found a bad with a whole in it to see how the pellets felt and if the crumbled too easily.

I would be apprehensive in buying a bag from that stack, but not necessarily a pallet (hell, I bought 4, and not a single bag was torn, and none of the tons had any pellet/dust between the bags/inside the wrapper)

ducker said:
what's wrong with them? They aren't sealed on a pallet double wrapped. Who knows what may have happened to them. when I was checking out the pellets when I was there I looked them over - found a bad with a whole in it to see how the pellets felt and if the crumbled too easily.

I would be apprehensive in buying a bag from that stack, but not necessarily a pallet (hell, I bought 4, and not a single bag was torn, and none of the tons had any pellet/dust between the bags/inside the wrapper)

Your pellets may have been fine. But you cant say thats not TERRIBLE advertising. . . . It would make me wonder how they care for the other pallets of pellets. Tow motor drivers do not take enough care when stacking in there racks. I awlays personally pick mine out when at HD, Lowes, or Menards. I want the cleanest, newest looking skids/tons they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.