Lowes Infernos, HDs Freedom Fuel or Walmarts Natures Heat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments on Inferno

When I visited J&J Materials Corp ( 71 Fall River Ave, Rehoboth, MA) early this summer on another related purpose, I noticed a sign advertising pellets @ 179 per ton. I inquired about the brand and they told me Inferno, further stating they bought the local firm. Inferno’s ownership has changed hands a number of times. The tie to someone in the New England Patriots may represent another ownership change or the J&J salesperson was providing me with wrong information.

Inferno’s manufacturing plant according to the bag is Rumford, RI. We in RI do not have extensive forests or wood product fabrication facilities to cut or use wood byproducts to produce wood pellets. I believe Inferno pellets, unlike what is pictured in the advertisement (virgin logs), is manly produced from construction waste.
Case in point, one of the distributors, in addition to J&J Materials, is New England Recycling. NER operates a Licensed Construction and Demolition (C&D) Recycling Facility. One of their services is construction waste recycling. (http://www.nerecycling.com/facility.cfm)

Knowing this I did not but Inferno, so I cannot comment on the quality change to date. Perhaps I will buy a bag to compare to last year's left over Fireside Ultra (Home Depot) and this year's Dragon Mountain. A friend did purchase 4 tons this summer, so as soon as I find out his experience I will let all of you know.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.