Lowe's offering pellet fuel rebate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

Feb 7, 2007
NYC
Lowe's is offering a rebate on wood pellet fuel. $25 off 1 ton, $50 off two, $100 off three, $150 off four, and $200 off five tons. Not available on line. Lowe's stores are selling the pellets from $5.97 a bag to $6.38 a bag depending on location. No bulk discount, just the rebate. Offer ends Sept 8.

I talked lowe's down to 4.75 a bag/237.50 a ton.Lignetics,a little ashy.Not a lot of choices in SE mich.Our natural gas costs is very reasonable here.I just like having control, sticking it to the man thing.I have an Avolon Newport 2 yrs.Vaccum switch hose clogs with ash every now and then but that's an easy fix.Other than that I like it.

Hello

That is better than Home Depot's Freedom Fuel pellets. They are $269 a ton but $100 off for 3 tons.

I have an Avalon Astoria. Works good and heats the whole house. Even though I heard 1 Ton of pellets is equal to 125 gallons of oil, I found with my setback thermostats at night 1 ton was 100 Gallons. This summer I just put in a new cold start boiler with an outdoor reset that has a nozzle that only uses .65 Gallons per hour instead of the 1.25 GPH. If that is the case then 1 ton of pellets is only equal to 50 gallons of oil. So that would be half the cost of a ton of pellets at $250 a ton!! The pellets give much more heat for that one ton but what do we need to keep warm?

Do u have a pic of your Newport stove? Mine is in my Avatar to the left.

Lowes has different pellets available at different stores I've found. I'm not interested in a rebate on an overpriced pellet of poor quality...

Local Lowes here quoted me 6.10 a bag and wouldn't tell me the brand because they couldn't get to them plus tax. I can buy magic sparks or pellet pro's for 4.10 a bag with no tax in the same state 20 miles south instead of going 30 miles north.

Status
Not open for further replies.