Lowe's Pellet Prices gone crazy!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malibuman00

Oct 24, 2008
Southern Maine
I was in Lowe's today picking up a few things and checked on their pellet prices. They have Maine Choice for $300 a ton and Green Team Platinum for $350. This is in Sanford Maine. I don't get it. Oil prices down to $1.75 per gallon. I don't think they will be selling to much at those prices.

Reactions: jertola and Cory S
Interesting. They are still showing $2.59 a ton online here in the Tropics of Virginia.

Just washed my fingers and can't do a thing with them. ;lol

Believe it or not, there are many people who burn pellets because they "think" it's always going to be cheaper than oil/propane... I've already spoke with many of them this fall. Half of them looked at me in shock, the other half didn't believe me that oil was cheaper, and will continue to just burn pellets.

Reactions: Pellet-King
Out west Lowes wants $50.00 more per ton than Homedepot and they are the same pellets from the same plant, just in a different bag. The more states that legalize weed, the more this is going to happen...They're HIGH!:cool:

I was in Lowe's today picking up a few things and checked on their pellet prices. They have Maine Choice for $300 a ton and Green Team Platinum for $350. This is in Sanford Maine. I don't get it. Oil prices down to $1.75 per gallon. I don't think they will be selling to much at those prices.
Welcome to Long Island pricing. Hopefully next year will be dirt cheap after seeing all the extra leftover inventory from this year.

Lowes shows online price locally of 6.98 but in store is 4.98

At a Lowes In NY, I bought a ton for $269.00 one week later they were $299.oo a ton. One week before Veterans Day, 10% off, they raised the price. What a slap in the face. :(

All the local Lowes around here only show bag prices online
( the ones I checked anyway )

Why would the price of pellets be affected by the price of oil ?
Coal isn't, neither is nat gas.
Too early to start having fire sales to give them away I would think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.